Feb 15, 2007

Still not sleeping through the night




So, Greyson hasn't been sleeping through the night ever since he first got that Bronchialitis some weeks ago. We have a routine every night. I give him a bath (if it's bath night) then I feed him baby rice and a bottle. That's what the Pediatrician told me to start doing. We started that about 2 months ago. You would think that the additional food would make his belly full and he would sleep longer right? Well, he is still going to bed around 8:30. Then he's gets up at around 2am. I put him back to sleep after a 6 oz bottle about 30 minutes later. Then he's back up at around 4:30-5:00am. So, you can imagine how old this is getting. However Carlos does get up a lot too. So, I called the Pediatrician and they said I shouldn't be feeding him in the middle of the night anymore. With his weight he doesn't need a bottle in the middle of the night. She said to start weening him off by giving him only 3 oz. for a few nights and then like 1-2 oz and then stop giving him anything. I guess if he wakes up I should just either let him cry it out or I should get up and rock him back to sleep. I think this is going to be some long nights coming up. However last night was going to be the first night we started this and what do you know, he slept through the whole night! Finally, after a million nights of him waking me up.






Oh one more little thing. Carlos and I went to dinner tonight for V-day and it was a little bit noisy there. Let's just say Greyson has found out that he can scream. OH MY GOSH...is it loud. I kept apologizing to the people around us. He is such a little BRAT. Carlos and I were laughing and looking at eachother saying we are in for some trouble with this kid. He sure knows how to get attention!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad everything is back to normal with Greyson now. Isn't sleeping just one of those things that can really frustrate you or what!? It's funny that the sleeping patterns of children are really quite different than our own.

As for the screaming at dinner - I can see you two laughing at him. JD and i aren't there yet - we still get really embarrassed and leave. ha ha! I think we'll learn.

AliciaDawn said...

It really is hard to function with too little sleep. Hope you're getting some sleep BTW. LOL