Sep 6, 2007

What would you do?

I need some advice. First of all a little background on Greyson's sitter. She is about 48 yrs old and has been watching kids in my family for nearly 19 years. I wanted her to watch my son so bad, I moved to the city she lived in basically so she could watch him. My first baby, I trusted her...I wanted her bad. I remember picking up my nieces from there when they went to her and she'd give them all their little projects they had made that day. I just really got a good vibe from her. Well, I have noticed she doesn't give any of the kids any projects, because she doesn't' seem to be doing them with the kids anymore. I think she's burnt out.

Anyway, It all started this morning at 6:30. I was in bed and I could hear the phone ringing. We have talking caller I.D. so I knew who it was. I immediately jumped out of bed freaking because I knew it was my sitter calling off today. Let's go back about 2 months. The babysitter called me early in the morning and called off. She said she had an anxiety attack the night before and she took some meds that ended up making her sick all night long. She said her hands were shaking uncontrollably and she couldn't see herself watching kids that day. So, I was OK with that. I appreciated her telling me so I could find someone more able to watch my son. Well, this morning I answer the phone and she tells me she had another bad anxiety attack and so she took a couple of Lorazepams. I guess this is some strong stuff. She said she was sick all night long ans that the kitchen was spinning around her. She said that she didn't even think she would be able to read them a story. So, I get off the phone with her and decide I have to take Greyson out of her care and get him into daycare or a new sitter. I don't think my son needs to be in the care of someone that is stressed out like this. Kids are stressful. How can you be a sitter? 3 weeks ago, her Dad passed away and I had to pay someone else to watch him that whole week. That's really hard for me to do since I have no family members or friends who stay home. It's sad that her Dad passed, but my job is getting tired of me being late from looking for a sitter or not coming in because I can't find one.

I worked in a daycare when I was a teenager and I always said that I wouldn't take my kids to one. I remember the turnover there and I didn't like that. I did go interview 4 day cares today. I can't believe how expensive it is. I pay $120.00 now and they are asking between $190 per week to $225 per week. That's a lot of money. But, can you really put a price on good care for your child?

Tomorrow, I am taking Greyson back to the sitter. She has no clue that I'm thinking about taking him out of there. I am working a half day so I can go interview more centers. Please send some good vibes and prayers my way. I have to get him out of there.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Hey Girl,

I read this kind of late but I do stay home if you ever need someone on a last minute thing...buy the way this is Jen Feagans from church...
www.feagans-family.blogspot.com

Let me know if I can help.