Jan 26, 2006

7 Week Ultrasound


Well today I nervouslly went to my ultrasound thinking I was 8 weeks pregnant, but shortly after I got there I found out I was 7 weeks pregnant. This really doesn't matter to me, because for one, it's only a week, and for two, I'm pregnant!!! After 2 years of trying, I can finally say I'm pregnant. I was very nervous to go to the ultrasound because 2 weeks before I had an ultrasound only to see nothing. I was devastated, but it was too early and just didn't know it. So, today I almost expected to hear that nothing was growing and no fetus was inside. Welp, that's not the case at all. I have a 1.25 cm piece of rice in my tummy called a baby. I got to see and hear the heartbeat and I of course had tears in my eyes. I couldn't beleive that something so small could actually have a beating heart. And at the rate of 170 beats per minute. When I called all my family and friends I was told I was probably having a girl because the heart beat was so fast!!!! Wouldn't I be happy. OK, so I of course will be ecstatic with either, as long as it's healthy, I am ready! So, that's all for my 7 week ultrasound. I'm not having another one until I am 18-20 weeks. What a long time to wait!!! But, I can make it. I waited this long.

3 comments:

Cory said...

Alicia-first off, I'm so excited for you and this little grain of rice!! Looking at the picture makes me get this big goofy grin on my face! Second of all, I'm so glad you started a blog! I will be a loyal reader =)

AliciaDawn said...

Thanks Cory. It took me forever to start a blog. Hopefully I can get as good as you are with yours.

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»